Want to get involved in your community? There are many opportunities to work with your neighbors and local business owners to help improve the community we live and work in. Here are a few specific opportunities for you to sign up for:
- Wedge Weeders: Help keep our sidewalks on South Avenue free of weeds! Join other neighbors a few days each year to get out and dig up the weeds that crop up on the sidewalks. All you need is a pair of garden gloves, we’ll supply the tools.Click here for more details or to sign up.
- Street Clean Up: Whether you want to adopt a single block to keep clean or walk the length of South Avenue picking up trash, we’re always in need of help picking up after litterbugs! Click here for more details or to sign up.
- Adopt a tree pit garden on South Avenue: These little areas around the sidewalk trees are great spots for small gardens. Would you like to adopt one for a summer season? Click here to sign up to adopt one.
- Swedge Shop: BASWA’s new retail store at 732 South Avenue will be staffed by volunteers. The hours we’ll be open depend on our volunteers, but we would like to be open Tuesday from 1 to 7, Thursday from 1 to 7, and Saturday from 11 to 4. If you can work any 2-3 hour shift during these days, on a regular basis, please click here to sign up.
- PAC-TAC: Want to learn more about walking PAC-TAC to help keep our streets safe? Click here to sign up to receive more information.
- Real Beer Expo: Our annual BASWA fundraiser depends on volunteers like you. We’ll have a link on this page for next year’s event which will be held on June 16, 2011. Check back after February 2012 for the link.